Current University of Iowa Students
This information is only for current or former University of Iowa students who want to change to a different undergraduate degree program than the one they are enrolled in (or were previously enrolled in).
If you are a returning student, the process is different. Please see application for returning students at the bottom of the page.
You can change to any of the following colleges from the Iowa Student Information System.
- Tippie College of Business
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Medicine
- University College
Change of College Application
- Log into the Iowa Student Information System.
- Navigate to the "Student Records" section.
- Select "Change of College Application."
- Select the college/program you are applying to from the drop-down menu.
- Select the session you would like the change to become effective.
- Provide answers to the supplemental questions for the selected program.
- Submit the application.
(college changes must be made at least two weeks before classes begin)
If you want to switch majors within the same college, you should contact your academic adviser and the dean's office for that college. If you want to change to any of the colleges listed below, you must apply and follow the specific application process for those colleges.
Applying to the College of Dentistry
Applying to the Teacher Education Program in the College of Education
Applying to the College of Pharmacy
Students who have graduated from the university who are looking to return for another undergraduate degree, and those who have been absent from the university for more than 12 months, should complete the application for returning students.