Iowa graduates report high rates of job placement and acceptance into graduate programs. These rates are based on surveys of our May 2011 graduates, unless otherwise noted.
- 100% of the College of Nursing's graduates are typically employed within six months of graduation.
- The College of Pharmacy typically has a 100% placement rate.
- Surveys returned to the College of Engineering indicate that 96% of its May 2011 graduates accepted jobs or were admitted into graduate programs within three months of graduation.
- In the College of Law, surveys reflect that 94.5% of its Class of 2011 graduates found permanent jobs, were seeking advanced degrees, or were not seeking employment nine months after graduation.
- Surveys returned to the Tippie College of Business indicate that 93% of its May 2011 graduates were permanently employed, accepted into graduate programs, or not seeking employment six months after graduation.
- In the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, May 2011 graduates reported that 92% found permanent jobs within six months, were pursuing graduate degrees, or were not seeking employment. The survey—which represents graduates of Iowa's largest college—had a 62% response rate.
- Surveys returned to the College of Education reflect that 86% of its 2010-11 graduates found jobs, were seeking advanced degrees, or were not seeking employment after graduation.
Iowa graduates find jobs in numerous fields, with employers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to government agencies, nonprofit groups, schools, and health care entities around the world. Some alumni are even running their own companies. For many Iowa students, the Pomerantz Career Center is where the planning begins.
Here are some of the companies and agencies that have hired recent Iowa graduates:
- Peace Corps
- Rockwell Collins
- ACT, Inc.
- John Deere
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Walt Disney World
- US Bank
- Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Warner Brother Studios
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Integrated DNA Technologies
- U.S. Patent & Trade Office
- Principal Financial Group
- China Daily
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Teach for America
- Alliant Energy