The Certificate in Technological Entrepreneurship is designed for engineering students who intend to start and/or operate their own business and for those who need a solid understanding of the entrepreneurial process as it relates to technology.
As a technological entrepreneurship student, you’ll learn from a team of faculty members and business leaders who will teach and inspire you. You'll take courses in finance, entrepreneurship and innovation, and related business topics, tailoring your certificate program to your particular interests.
You may be able to do some of your certificate work in study abroad. In some cases, transfer credit may count toward the certificate.
Students who complete the certificate program are able to:
- understand sound business thinking;
- use team-building skills in small and large companies;
- understand the entrepreneurial approach to acquiring and managing resources;
- create a business plan;
- bridge engineering and business principles; and
- network with businesses and industries.
This certificate program is available to students who already are enrolled in an engineering degree program at Iowa or who already have a bachelor's degree in engineering. Review our Areas of Study to select a major.