Check Your Application Status
After we receive your application, we will send you a Hawk ID and password to access Iowa Student Information Services, our online student services portal. In MyUI, you can transact several types of business with university, including accepting our offer of admission and later, checking your U-bill.
If you forget your Hawk ID, contact Admissions at 319-335-3847 weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time. If you forget your password, request a Password Reset.
Your Admissions Profile in MyUI
Use your Admissions Profile in MyUI to track the status of your application and to conduct other admissions-related business. You'll find the Admissions Profile link in the QuickLinks.
- Check your application status, including which application materials (including transcripts and test scores) are on file.
- Check the details we have on file about your admission status, such as major/college, tuition classification, admission decision, scholarships awarded, Regent Admission Index score (if applicable), honors status, etc.
- Know your University ID number. Located in the Personal Information section, this will be your identification number while at the university. Be sure to learn it and include it in all your correspondence with us.
- Accept our offer of admission and pay the acceptance fee by credit card (or print another acceptance form).
- Check the next steps you need to take before beginning your studies at Iowa.
- Submit and track the status of your residence hall application, including your room and roommate assignments.
- Monitor the status of your financial aid application.
- Set up your free University e-mail account. This is free for admitted students, and allows the University to quickly send you important information. You may choose to redirect mail from your Iowa account to another account (Yahoo, AOL, gmail, etc.).
- Submit your Orientation/Registration reservation and view your Orientation date.
- Take required placement tests (in mathematics, chemistry, or a world language) at least two weeks before you attend Orientation/Registration.
- Download the medical history form for your physician to complete (includes information about the MMR immunization requirement).
- Access your Degree Audit. This tool will help you chart your progress toward graduation. It also shows your transfer course work in relation to the various Iowa requirements.
Other MyUI features
- Browse descriptions of courses offered by academic department, by college, and by "learning links" (courses that connect by theme or topic).
- Build your class schedule using the list of when, where, and by whom courses are taught.
- Register for your classes.
- Change your address.
- Check your grades.
- Review and pay your university bill.
- Access your class schedule, academic advising, maps to your campus buildings, final exam schedule, and financial aid history.
- Give your parents guest privileges so they can have view-only access to selected personal information.
- Experiment with your Degree Audit by using the "what if" feature to see how the requirements for the degree change if you declare a different major.