Transfer Student Application Process
Apply Now Applicants who have attended another college or university should apply as transfer students.
- Submit an application
- Pay the $40 application fee
- The fee is not refundable.
- Have your transcripts sent
- Have each college you've attended send us your transcripts.
- Have your high school send us your final transcript.
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
107 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396
- If you are transferring fewer than 24 semester hours of credit
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent by the testing agency.
- Our institution code is 1356 for the ACT; 6681 for the SAT.
The application deadline varies depending on when you plan to enroll, and may vary depending on your degree program. The deadlines to apply for most undergraduate programs (excluding some programs in education, nursing and business) are:
- May 1—for Summer Session or Fall Semester
- December 5—for Spring Semester
After You Apply
When we receive your application, we will send you a Hawk ID and password to track the status of your application through Your Admissions Profile on the Iowa Student Information System.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon after January 1 as possible, even if you are not sure you will qualify for aid.
Accepting Our Offer of Admission
Pay our $250 acceptance fee as soon as possible; no later than May 1 for Summer Session or Fall Semester (November 15 for Spring Semester).
- The fee must be paid before you can make Orientation reservations through your Admissions Profile on the Iowa Student Information System.
- The acceptance fee is refundable prior to April 1 for summer and fall semester applicants (November 15 for Spring Semester applicants).
Next steps for admitted students include applying for financial aid and making a reservation to attend Orientation, where you will register for classes.