Your Admissions Profile on ISIS
Check Your Application Status
After we receive your application, we'll send you a HawkID and password to access the university's online student service system, called ISIS, which you can use to track the status of your application online through your Admissions Profile on ISIS. Find the Admissions Profile under the "QuickLinks."
Log In to ISIS
If you forget your HawkID, contact Admissions at 319-335-3847 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time (excluding holidays). If you forget your password, request a Password Reset.
Also on Your Admissions Profile on ISIS
- Your transcripts and test scores. You can check to make sure we've received all of the materials we need to support your application for admission.
- Your university ID number. Located in the Personal Information section, this will be your identification number while at the university. Be sure to include it in all your correspondence with us. Please also update your contact information in ISIS if your email, address, or phone number changes.
- Our admission decision. ISIS also will display your Regent Admission Index score (if applicable), your major, residency classification for tuition purposes (whether you are classified as an Iowa resident or nonresident), your honors status, and any university scholarships you've been awarded.
- Your next steps. The profile is designed to guide you through the steps you need to take before beginning your studies at Iowa.
Using Your Admissions Profile to Accept Admission & Conduct Other University Business
After you are offered admission, you can continue to use your Admissions Profile and ISIS to conduct additional transactions important to your future as a Hawkeye.
- Accept our offer of admission and pay the acceptance fee by credit card. You can also print out an acceptance form, if you prefer.
- Submit your housing application and track its status, including your room and roommate assignments, which typically are distributed in June and July for fall admission.
- Monitor the status of your financial aid application. Award notification for fall admission typically begins in March.
- Set up your free university email account. This is free for admitted students, and allows the university to quickly send you important information. To avoid missing important communications, you can redirect your University of Iowa email account so our messages are sent to your personal email account (such as an account on Yahoo or gmail, etc.).
- Register for Orientation and review your scheduled Orientation program date. Programs are held in the summer for fall admission, and registration for summer programs typically begins in March.
- Connect to the required placement tests (in mathematics, chemistry, or a world language), which need to be completed at least two weeks before you attend Orientation.
- Download our medical history form for your physician to complete (the form includes information about the university's required vaccinations).
- Access your Degree Audit. This tool will help you chart your progress toward graduation. It also shows how any course work you may have taken at another college could apply toward Iowa's graduation requirements.
Additional ISIS Features
- Allow your parents to see select information in your ISIS account, such as your U-bill or your grades. You decide what information to share.
- Browse course offerings based on subject, instructor, or academic department.
- Build your class schedule using the list of when, where, and by whom courses are taught.
- Register for classes.
- Access your class schedule, academic advising, maps to your campus buildings, final exam schedule, and financial aid history.
- Check your grades.
- Review and pay your university bill.
- Experiment with your Degree Audit. Use the "what if" feature to see how the requirements for graduation would change if you declared a different major.