Resources for Veterans & Military Personnel
There are more than 375 students enrolled at The University of Iowa under the G.I. Bill, according to the Registrar's Fall 2010 Profile of Students Enrolled at the University.
Veterans from states other than Iowa may be eligible for in-state tuition rates (see Guideline 8b, subsections 2 and 3 for more details).
The Office of the Registrar advises and counsels all students who receive VA benefits.
- UI Veterans Services Web Site
- UI Veterans Guide (PDF)
- UI Registrar's Veterans Services
- UI Veterans Center
- UI Veterans Association on Facebook
- Iowa City VA Medical Center
Additional community resources include a Veterans Career Counselor's Office, an American Legion post, and a VFW post.
Areas of Study
Iowa offers more than 100 Areas of Study for undergraduates, including these programs relating to military science.
- Air Force ROTC—Air Force ROTC is a program that prepares you to become an Air Force officer while you earn a college degree.
- Army ROTC—Army ROTC is an elective curriculum you take along with your required college classes.
- Continuing Education—Choose from a mix of course-delivery formats to earn credit toward undegraduate or graduate degree and certificate programs, relicensure credit, or professional development.
Advocacy & Education
- Office of the Registrar
- Military Activation Policy for UI Students
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Scholarships & Financial Aid
If paying for your education is an issue, start your scholarship search at the UI Office of Student Financial Aid by finding out how to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).