Daily Campus Visits for First-Year Students
Daily Campus Visits are designed to fit your schedule and focus on your individual interests.
How to Register
- Review your options below.
- Register online or call us at 319-335-1569.
- On the calendar page, select an open date and review all available options.
- Personalize your visit by adding available optional activities.
- Fill out the registration form (one for each student).
- You will receive a personalized confirmation email.
Daily Campus Visit Packaged Activities
Choose the packaged activities that best suit your needs or call to personalize your visit to fit your interests.
Offered in the morning or afternoon, select the best session for you!
- Iowa Overview session, including information on admission, housing, student life, and financial aid for high school seniors and younger who have not applied for admission yet.
For admitted students, we offer a Next Step, Iowa presentation (February - April)
- 90 minute campus tour that includes a look at an East side residence hall room and features
- Lunch – complimentary in our residence hall Market Place cafeterias (Jan. 20 - May 15)
Choose from various optional activities, available on select dates and times. If you don't see an option you are looking for, try a different date or call us at 319-335-1569.
- Honors Session
Students interested in the University of Iowa Honors Program may choose to attend an informational session offered weekdays at 8:30 a.m. (See Qualifications for Honors Admission.)
- Lunch in a Residence Hall Market Place
We invite you to have a complimentary lunch in one of our food-court-style dining facilities in Burge or Hillcrest residence halls when classes are in session during the fall, spring and summer semesters. Downtown Iowa City and the Iowa Memorial Union also offer many meal options on your own; ask our staff for a list of possibilities.
- Academic Session(s)
- Tippie College of Business session
- College of Engineering session
- College of Nursing session
- College of Pharmacy session
- Health Sciences session - This session is a general overview of the health related majors at Iowa. (offered Monday through Friday, during the academic school year)
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences - a session in nearly every academic department is available on weekdays.
- Optional Appointments
You may be able to observe a class, meet with a representative from Admissions, an academic department, the Center for Diversity & Enrichment, the Office of Student Financial Aid, Student Disability Services, or the Pomerantz Career Center. These appointments are not available on Saturdays and require at least 10 business days advance notice. Indicate your appointment request on the registration form.
Register for a Daily Visit
Register online or call us at 319-335-1569 to discuss how to personalize your visit to campus.
Best Times to Visit
We recommend visiting when classes are in session, even during the summer. Visit activities are limited when classes are not in session, and on Saturday mornings in the fall and spring when the visitors center is open (Registrar's Academic Calendar). If you would prefer to attend a larger event on campus for students considering Iowa, check out our visit options for First-Year students.
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss accommodations.