Special Group Visits
Special Group Visits are designed for groups of 10 or more students under the supervision of someone such as a school counselor or youth program coordinator. We require a minimum of two weeks advance notice for reservations and one adult chaperone for every 10 students.
Visit Activities Could Include:
- An Iowa Overview presentation, including information on admission, housing, student life, and financial aid
- Center for Diversity & Enrichment presentation, including information about the programs, offices, and services provided for students from communities underrepresented in higher education
- Campus walking tour
- Residence hall tour (for students high-school age and above)
- Lunch in the residence halls (when classes are in session; $6 per person)
- Panel of current UI students
Fill out our Special Group Visit Reservation Form a minimum of two weeks—and ideally four weeks—in advance. Reservations are required.
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss accommodations.