The College of Engineering admits qualified first-year students directly out of high school. To be admitted to the College of Engineering, you must:
- Meet the Minimum High School Course Requirements.
- Present an ACT math score of 25 or higher (or an SAT math score of 640*/620** or higher).
International applicants must also have a composite ACT minimum of 25 (or combined SAT CR+M 1200*/EBRW+M 1130**).
- Meet the Regent Admission Index (RAI) score requirement.
- Iowa residents must present an RAI score of 245 or higher.
- Residents of other states must present an RAI score of 255 or higher
If you are a homeschooled applicant, we will base our admission decision on your GPA, ACT and/or SAT scores, and courses taken.
* score for test taken after March 1, 2016 (EBRW+M = combined evidence-based reading & writing and math)
** score for tests taken prior to March 1, 2016 (CR+M = combined critical reading and math)
Apply to the College of Engineering.
- March 1—for Fall Semester or Summer Session (March 1 for international applicants)
Due to space concerns from a high volume of applications for Fall 2017, our regular admission deadline has been moved to March 1, 2017. Students can still apply for admission through May 1, 2017, but will be placed on a wait list after March 1. Students on the wait list are not eligible for merit-based scholarships and will only be accepted on a space-available, case-by-case basis.
- December 1—for Spring Semester (October 1 for international applicants)
If Your First Language is Not English
The university has English Proficiency Requirements for applicants whose first language is not English.
Undergraduate Areas of Study in Engineering
The College of Engineering offers six majors leading to the undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
General Education Component
Students admitted to the College of Engineering complete General Education Component course work in addition to the course work required for their specific major.