The University of Iowa Department of Biology will host an open house and information session on Wednesday, February 4, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
This event will be hosted in Biology Building East (BBE), located at the corner of Dubuque Street and Iowa Avenue on the UI campus in downtown Iowa City).
- Tour a Biology research lab and see the type of research students can do as a UI undergraduate student!
- What can I do with a Biology major? Andy Schumacher, UI Biology alumnus and owner/chef of Cobble Hill Restaurant in Cedar Rapids, will talk about his experiences and career.
- An informational session for students to learn about:
- Biology degrees and tracks
- Biology-related careers (including health professions)
- Financial aid, scholarships, and applying to the UI
- Further details about UI Biology from a panel of current UI Biology students!
- Students will also have the chance to interact with our Director of Undergraduate Studies, career and academic advisers, the Director of the Biology Honors Program, current UI Biology students, alumni, and Admissions staff.