We are excited to offer a limited number of campus tour opportunities for students interested in the University of Iowa.
Campus visits will be limited in size and all visitors will need to agree to strict guidelines (listed below), which include wearing masks or face coverings, social distancing, and several other requirements. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in dismissal from the campus tour.
Each student is limited to 2 guests.
Guidelines, Rules, and Procedures
- Visitors should allow approximately 15 minutes to park and walk to their check-in location.
- Visitors must arrive at the check-in location 10 minutes prior to their tour time. There will be no allowance for late arrivals.
- Visitors should bring their own, full water bottles. There will be no water or bottle filling stations provided.
- Visitors are required to be symptom free of fever and illness (for 2 weeks prior to the tour). Symptoms include:
- Fever (temperature >=37.8 C or 100.0 F)
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Visitors must wear a mask or face covering from the time they park until they return to their vehicle.
- Visitors will be required to stay 6 feet apart at all times (with the exception of their own guest/family members).
- The tour will continue in the rain but will not continue if there is lightning.
- Higher risk groups (e.g. those over 65; those with comorbidities) are strongly discouraged from visiting.
Each campus walking tour will last for approximately 75 minutes. Your group will depart from the check-in location and explore the east side of campus, seeing the areas where students will participate in most of their academic and student life activities. A tour guide will lead your group, stopping at each location on the route to provide additional information and answer questions.
This is an outdoor event, and we recommend you bring good walking shoes and dress for the weather.
Please note: The Admission Visitors Center and campus buildings will be closed at the time of this tour. If you would like to talk with an admission counselor or attend a virtual event to learn more about Iowa, please see our visit options.
How to Register
- Register online or call us at 319-335-1566.
- On the registration page, select the date and time of your choice. If a date or time is not listed, all the options for that day or timeslot have filled.
- Fill out the registration form and complete your acknowledgment of the tour rules.
- You will receive a personalized confirmation email.
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss accommodations.