Are you in the right place?
We want to make sure you fill out the right application.
- If you want to enroll in undergraduate-level courses or workshops offered only through Continuing Education, but you aren't seeking admission to a departmental program, you should submit the Continuing Education Student Application
- If you are seeking admission to a UI degree program
- If you are still in High School
- If you are not seeking a UI degree and want to enroll in classes offered through the on-campus day program (NOT offered through Continuing Education), apply as a nondegree student
- If you seeking graduate credit, visit Graduate Admissions
- Completion of high-school or equivalent
- Registration is restricted to courses and workshops offered through Continuing Education
- Submit a Continuing Education Student Application
Important note: You do NOT have to pay an application fee to complete this application.
Please allow 2-3 business days to process your application.
- Hawk ID and MyUI—Admitted students will receive a Hawk ID and password to use the university's online student services portal, called MyUI. These will come in two separate emails to the email address you supply on the application. If you need assistance with your Hawk ID, contact Admissions at 319-335-3847 weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or email admissions. If you forget your password, request a Password Reset.
- Class registration—You can view course listings and register for classes online using MyUI. Your registration date and time will be displayed when you log in to MyUI. If you need to be cleared for registration, instructions will be provided.
- Proof of immunity—On-campus students are required to show Proof of Immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella before registering for classes. Check your “Health Requirement Status” in the Student Records section of MyUI.
- Financial aid—Continuing Education Students at The University of Iowa do not qualify for financial aid. For information about the federal regulations related to this, contact the University's Office of Student Financial Aid.