Sept. 24, 2018
U.S. News and World Report places the University of Iowa 38th in its 2019 edition of the "Top Public National Universities", the highest of any university in the state. Iowa is currently ranked 89th in the "Best National Universities" category, which contains 280 U.S. institutions (173 public, 100 private, seven for-profit.
For the 14th straight year, the University of Iowa has been designated as a "Best Buy" in the Fiske Guide to Colleges.
The creation of a former New York Times education editor, the Fiske Guide has been a respected college search tool used by parents, college-bound students, and their guidance counselors for 30 years.
The UI is one of only 10 public universities on the list, and one of two Big Ten schools included.
Get your start as a Hawkeye at On Iowa!—a welcome and University community immersion event where all members of the Class of 2022 and new transfer students will:
- Make friends with new and returning students,
- Discover Hawkeye traditions and what it means to be a University of Iowa student,
- Prepare to excel in your classes,
- Explore activities and student organizations, and
- Commit to The Iowa Challenge!
Learn more at: oniowa.uiowa.edu