Construction on North Dubuque Street will affect traffic from I-80 into downtown Iowa City until 2018. Expect 15- to 30-minute delays during peak hours, as well as occasional closures, starting May 31. Please plan on adding extra time to your visit schedule due to construction delays.
UPDATE 5/12/18: Park Road bridge will be closed at Dubuque Street starting 5/14/18.
- Visitors approaching Iowa City on Interstate 80 can take either the Dodge Street (Exit 246) or 1st Avenue (Exit 242) exits, or the Melrose Avenue exit (Exit 93) if approaching on Interstate 380/US218.
- Take Exit 246 for Dodge Street and Continue on Dodge Street, until you reach Market Street.
- Turn right onto Market Street and watch for the sign on your left indicating whether or not there is parking available in the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) Ramp or the North Campus Ramp (North Campus Ramp is recommended).
- If parking is available in the IMU Ramp, turn left at the T-intersection at the bottom of the hill onto Madison Street. Take an immediate left into the IMU ramp.
- If the IMU Ramp is full, turn right at the T-intersection at the bottom of the hill onto Madison Street. The North Campus Ramp will be one block north, on your right.
Alternate routes highlighted in green. Additional information and updates are available at Iowa Now.