Admission requirements for transfer students applying to one of the three undergraduate degree programs in the Carver College of Medicine vary depending on the program:
English Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose first language is not English also must meet the university's English Proficiency Requirements.
- April 1—for Fall Semester (March 1 for international applicants)
- December 1—for Spring Semester (October 1 for international applicants)
- April 1—for Summer Session (March 1 for international applicants)
When you are admitted, you will be able to view your Degree Audit on your Admissions Profile. The audit:
- specifies which General Education Program requirements are complete:
- The General Education Course Requirements for students in the Radiation Sciences program are on the department's web site.
- Students in the Clinical Lab Sciences and the Nuclear Medicine Technology programs must meet the General Education Program requirements of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- and monitors other degree requirements including semester hours, GPA, residency requirement, and college-specific regulations.
Review the Transfer Policies to find out about calculating your transfer GPA, Iowa's course-repeat policy, and other Iowa credit transfer policies.
The Office of Admissions evaluates transfer courses on General Education Program requirements, as well as a number of courses applicable to the requirements of your major. Your major department makes decisions about how the rest of your transfer courses apply toward the requirements for your major.
Course Equivalency Guide
Search the Transfer Equivalency Guide for commonly transferred courses offered at other Iowa institutions and our major out-of-state transfer colleges. The system is designed for prospective students who want to know how courses will transfer to Iowa and for UI students who plan to take courses at other institutions in the summer or at other times.