The University of Iowa is an associate member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, a leading advocate for increasing Hispanic access to higher education. The membership provides more opportunities for internships, networking, and scholarships for Hispanic and Latino students at Iowa.
Información en Español
Información para posibles alumnos del primer año y para sus padres. (Information in Spanish for the families of prospective first-year students.)
The Center for Diversity & Enrichment coordinates a variety of campus programs and services designed to create a welcoming environment for underrepresented minority students, first-generation college students, and students from low-income families. Additional support networks include:
- Iowa Edge Program—This freshman introduction to campus is held the week before fall classes begin to welcome African American, Asian American, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian, and first-generation college students to the University.
- Ethnic Inclusion Effort for Iowa Engineering
- Iowa Biosciences Advantage
- Latino/Native American Alumni Alliance (LANA3)
- Latino/Native American Cultural Center
- Latinos Unidos of Iowa
- Living-Learning Communities in the Residence Halls
- My Iowa Multicultural & International Student Summit
- Student Organizations
Areas of Study
Iowa offers more than 100 Areas of Study for undergraduates. These are some of the programs that focus on cultural diversity.
Education & Advocacy
- Center for Human Rights
- Iowa Latino Conference
- Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity
- UI Latino Council
Financial Aid & Scholarships
If paying for your education is an issue, start your scholarship search with the UI Office of Student Financial Aid by finding out how to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- UI Scholarships
- External Scholarships for Undocumented Students*
Programs for High School Students
Contact the Center for Diversity & Enrichment for information about summer programs for students who are members of underrepresented minority groups.
* Links or references on this page to outside services or products do not constitute an endorsement of any kind. These links are provided for informational purposes only.