Summer and Weekend Programs
- Engineering Summer Camps—Pre-Engineering Summer Camps – Week-long programs for students in grades K-8.
- Youth Entrepreneurship Camps—Offering entrepreneurship and business courses for students in elementary and middle school (grades 4-9).
- Iowa First Nations Day Program (e-mail for more information)—A week-long on-campus day camp for students entering the 7th -10th grade who have heritage backgrounds that are based on a Native American culture.
- Iowa Summer Music Camps—Week-long summer programs featuring instruction in most phases of vocal and instrumental music. For students in grades 7 and above.
- Sports Camps—Instruction in gymnastics, basketball, wrestling, and much more.
- Talented and Gifted Student Programs—Our world-renowned center for gifted education offers a variety of programs year-round for students in grades K-12.
- Wildlife Camps—Study prairies, wetlands, woodlands, and birds through the programs offered by the University's recreational services department.
- Iowa Lakeside Lab Nature and Science Camps—outdoor activities designed to stimulate students’ intellectual, physical and emotional development, and stresses the importance of observation, questioning, and exploring the connections between animals, plants, people and ecosystems.
- Black Youth Achieving Excellence: WindSTEP Program—Introduces students to careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) areas, GIS (Geographical Information Science) and wind energy.
- Art Share—arts-related interactive performances, workshops, readings, residencies and master classes.
- Communication Sciences and Disorders—Several intensive summer programs are offered for individuals with specific communication disorders.
Visit the Museum of Natural History, Museum of Art, the Old Capitol Museum, or the Athletics Hall of Fame.
A new college prep guide is designed to help college-bound students navigate a successful path to The University of Iowa.