- Accept our offer of admission by paying the $250 acceptance fee through your Admissions Profile on MyUI (myui.uiowa.edu).
- Reset your MyUI password to something you will easily remember. Passwords expire every 180 days.
- Create a MyUI guest account to allow your parents or guardians to view selected personal information and pay your u-bill.
- Set up your university email account!
- Follow us and get connected with future classmates on social media at admissions.uiowa.edu/social.
- Apply for residence hall housing through your Admissions Profile and pay the non-refundable $75 application fee. Select your top Living Learning Communities and choose whether to use the optional roommate matching service.
- Once admitted, file the 2018-2019 FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible after Oct. 1, and preferably by Jan. 1, 2018, for the following fall semester. Financial aid applications are reviewed and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as files become complete and until funds are no longer available.
- Receive an email about accessing your financial aid award notification on MyUI. This process continues through July.
- Report your health insurance status through your Admissions Profile before you sign up for summer orientation.
- Submit your orientation program reservation through your Admissions Profile. You receive an invitation only if you accept our offer of admission by paying the $250 acceptance fee.
- Take the online placement tests (chemistry and world languages) at least two weeks before attending orientation. You'll find details on your Admissions Profile.
- Deadline to accept our offer of admission by paying the $250 acceptance fee.
- Complete your math placement exam well in advance of your orientation program date.
- Final day to update your Living Learning Community and roommate preferences on your housing application.
- Have your high school send your final transcript to the Office of Admissions promptly after you graduate.
- Official ACT/SAT scores must be sent from the testing agency. Iowa's institutional codes are 1356 for the ACT and 6681 for the SAT.
- Official college transcript, if you have college credit, must be sent from the college.
- Apply for housing by this date in order to secure residence hall space for the fall.
- Receive your residence hall housing assignment and move-in instructions from University Housing. Notifications begin in June and continue through the summer.
- Review the health information and requirements for new students (studenthealth.uiowa.edu/info/requirements-and-forms) and submit required documents.
- Attend a day-and-a-half orientation/registration program for you and your parents. You will register for fall classes.
- 1—Deadline to send official test scores and high school (and any college you have attended) transcripts.
- 1—Your first u-bill is posted in MyUI. Payment is due by Aug. 22, and you can pay online through MyUI.
- 12—Early residence hall move-in. You’ll have to pay a small daily rate of $45 per day until your contract begins. This includes meals.
- 14-16—Residence hall move-in. You will receive your move-in date and time with your housing assignment.
- 15-19—On Iowa! This required program is your official Hawkeye welcome. The program begins when you move into your residence hall, includes Kickoff at Kinnick Stadium on Friday night, and ends Sunday afternoon with Convocation on the Pentacrest followed by the President’s Block Party at the president's home.
- 20—Begin classes for the fall semester.
- 20—Participate in Welcome Week events.