Virtual Hawkeye Visit Day is an interactive live online program for rising high school juniors and seniors to introduce the University of Iowa. Students will be able to ask questions live, and learn from current students, admissions representatives, and academic representatives about life as a Hawkeye.
Opening Session 1:00 – 1:40 P.M.
- Welcome – Kirk Kluver, Assistant Provost, Director of Admissions
- Iowa Overview Presentation – Learn about admission, housing, financial aid and student life.
- Current Student Panel – Get to know some of our current students by submitting a question for them to answer.
Exploring Academic Interest Sessions 1:50 – 2:30 P.M.
Concurrent Academic sessions (select one)
- Tippie College of Business
- College of Dentistry
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- College of Law
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- Health Sciences at Iowa (includes: Medicine, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, Public Health, Clinical Lab Sciences, Radiation Sciences, Speech & Hearing Science, Biomedical Sciences)
Learn More Sessions 2:40 – 3:10 P.M.
Concurrent sessions (select one)
- University Honors Program
- Diversity at Iowa
- Maximizing College Credit While in High School
Wrap up your visit with a one-on-one discussion with an admission counselor, 15-minute appointments will be available from 3:00 – 4:30 P.M.
How This Works
This event uses the Zoom online meeting platform (be sure to install the zoom meeting client prior to the event) to bring everyone together virtually. Once you register for a Virtual Hawkeye Visit Day, you will receive a link to a lobby page. On the day of the event, the lobby will provide direct links to each session. Join the welcome and information session when you arrive (1:00 P.M.), and then select the specific academic sessions (1:50 P.M.) and Learn More session (2:40 P.M.) that you'd like to join. Having a hard time selecting a session? Don't worry, all sessions will be recorded and sent to you after the event. Select the session that most interests you at this time, and watch the rest at your convenience.