Transfer students with an AA degree from a two-year institution that has an articulation agreement with the University will enter the University having fulfilled all of the General Education Program requirements in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Tippie College of Business, College of Education, and University College with the exception of:

  • The respective World Language requirement for each UI college
  • Diversity and Inclusion requirement for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and Tippie College of Business
  • Business/Management or Leadership and Career Development for University College

The University of Iowa has articulation agreements with all Iowa and Illinois community colleges.

Articulation agreements between The University of Iowa and Iowa's community colleges are detailed in The Public Connection: A Report on the Statewide Articulation Agreements between Iowa's Community Colleges and the Regent Universities.

If you completed an associate degree other than an AA, or if you received your AA from a college that does not have an articulation agreement with the University, your credits will be evaluated course-by-course to determine how they will transfer.