International studies is a multi-disciplinary BA degree program that allows students to explore world cultures and themes of global significance from such disciplines as history, anthropology, economics, geography, literature, religious studies, world languages, the arts and art history. The degree prepares students for careers in business, government, international development agencies, non-governmental organizations, philanthropic agencies, and the arts.
Review the responsibilities required to become and remain eligible for the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan.
- Complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.
- Complete ANT 105 Cultural Anthropology.
- Complete all requirements for the AA degree.
- When transferring to Iowa, present a cumulative transfer grade-point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher from all colleges attended.
- Complete the UI courses required for this major, as specified in the UI General Catalog.
- Complete at least half of the remaining semester hours needed for your major and degree during each of your two years at Iowa. (A total of 42 semester hours is required for the international studies major and 120 semester hours for the BA degree.)
A current schedule of UI courses is available on the Iowa Student Information Service (MyUI).