Art Transfer Tips

Students may earn a BA (Bachelor of Arts) or a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) from the School of Art and Art History.

Students who have studio art courses from another institution must attend a Transfer Portfolio Review to determine if those courses to transfer into the Art major. For more information access the Art & Art History Transfer Students information page.

Contact the Art Department Advisers, Lynne Lanning,, with additional questions and to create the best plan of study prior to transferring to the University of Iowa.

These resources can help facilitate your transfer to Iowa: