Students may earn a BA (Bachelor of Arts) or a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) from the School of Art and Art History.
- Students should plan to transfer to the UI School of Art and Art History by the beginning of their sophomore year.
- Take the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences General Education Requirements during the year prior to transferring.
- Use the Online Equivalency Guide to determine appropriate transfer course equivalencies.
- Complete, or begin to complete, four semesters of the same world language (fourth-level proficiency) as needed for Iowa’s General Education Program. The requirement may be fulfilled by the appropriate high school work.
- Complete the following Art major courses, if available:
- ARTH:1050 From Cave Paintings to Cathedrals: Survey of Western Art I
- ARTH:1060 From Mona Lisa to Modernism: Survey of Western Art II
- Meet Admission Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Students who have studio art courses from another institution must attend a Transfer Portfolio Review to determine if those courses to transfer into the Art major. For more information access the Art & Art History Transfer Students information page.
Contact the Art Department Advisers, Lynne Lanning, firstname.lastname@example.org, with additional questions and to create the best plan of study prior to transferring to the University of Iowa.
These resources can help facilitate your transfer to Iowa: