Cinema Transfer Tips

Students may earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Cinema at The University of Iowa.  

Students may complete the following course, if available, before transferring:

  • CINE:1601 Introduction to Film Analysis

Students should transfer to the University of Iowa by the end of their first year at the Community College. 

Use the Online Equivalency Guide to determine appropriate transfer course equivalencies.

Transfer students with an AA degree from an Iowa Community College, or Black Hawk College in Illinois, will enter the University having fulfilled all of the General Education Program requirements (except World Language and Diversity & Inclusion) in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.

Prospective transfer students should contact the University of Iowa Office of Admissions, 319-335-1566, for information about applying.

Prospective Cinema majors should contact Molly Rechkemmer at or 1-319-467-0047.

These resources can help facilitate your transfer to Iowa: