English and Creative Writing Transfer Tips

Students can earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English and Creative Writing.

This major can be sequenced in four semesters. Students may transfer either sophomore or junior year and still complete the major. 

Students should complete the following courses, if available, before transferring:

  • CW:2100 Creative Writing

Students who plan to complete their AA degree at an Iowa community college should consider the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan. 

Use the 2 Plus 2 website and the Online Equivalency Guide to determine appropriate transfer course equivalencies.  Transfer students with an AA degree from an Iowa or Illinois community college will enter the university having fulfilled all of the General Education CORE Program requirements (except World Language and Diversity and Inclusion) in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.

2 Plus 2 students must complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.

Prospective transfer students should contact the University of Iowa, Office of Admissions, 319-335-1566, for information about applying

Prospective majors may contact Kate Torno, kate-torno@uiowa.edu, 319-335-0454, with questions about this major. 

These resources can help facilitate your transfer to Iowa in English and Creative Writing:

English and Creative Writing 2 Plus 2 Plan