Environmental Policy and Planning Transfer Tips

Students can earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Environmental Policy and Planning from the Department of Geographical and Sustainability Studies.

Complete the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences General Education Requirements. Transfer students with an AA degree from an Iowa community college or Black Hawk College in Illinois will enter the University having fulfilled all of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences General Education Program requirements (except world language and Diversity and Inclusion).

Complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.

Students should complete the following courses, if available, before transferring

  • EES:1080/ENVS:1080 Introduction to Environmental Science or GEOG:1020 The Global Environment
  • STAT:1020 Elementary Statistics and Inference or STAT:1030 Statistics for Business

Use the Online Transfer Equivalency Guide to determine appropriate transfer course equivalencies.

Prospective transfer students should contact the University of Iowa Office of Admissions, 319-335-1566, for information about applying.

Prospective Environmental Policy and Planning majors should contact Hannah Whitcomb, hannah-whitcomb@uiowa.edu, 319-335-1889, with questions about the major.

These resources can help facilitate your transfer to Iowa: