Students can earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in International Relations from the Political Science department.
- Complete the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences General Education Requirements. Transfer students with an AA degree from an Iowa Community College, or Black Hawk College in Illinois, will enter the University having fulfilled all of the General Education Program requirements (except world language and diversity and inclusion) in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Complete the fourth level of a single world language as needed for Iowa's General Education Program.
- Students should complete the following courses, if available, before transferring
- POLI:1500 Introduction to International Relations
- HIST:2403 Western Civilization III
- STAT:1020 Elementary Statistics and Inference or STAT:1010 Statistics and Society (as preparation for research course required for the major)
- Depending on the major track chosen, other transfer courses may be accepted for the major. Refer to the political science website for more information about the major tracks.
- Prospective BS majors should check the Political Science website for additional math courses in calculus and statistics.
- Meet Admission Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Students who plan to complete their AA degree at an Iowa Community college should consider the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan.
Use the 2 Plus 2 website and the Online Equivalency Guide to determine appropriate transfer course equivalencies. Transfer students with an AA degree from an Iowa or Illinois community college will enter the university having fulfilled all of the General Education Core Program requirements (except World Language and Diversity and Inclusion) in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Prospective transfer students should contact the University of Iowa Office of Admissions, 319-335-1566, for information about applying.
Prospective International Relations majors should contact Martha Kirby, Marthaemail@example.com, 319-335-2347, with questions about the major.
These resources can help facilitate your transfer to Iowa: