We make admission decisions on a rolling basis beginning August 23. We will send you a letter stating one of the following decisions:
- Admitted—Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Iowa. Your admission notification letter will include residence hall housing information, an Acceptance Form, and other enrollment information.
- Deferred—You have not been admitted after our first review. You can submit additional information (personal statement, official high school transcript, new test scores). Applicants who are deferred and submit additional materials will be notified of their admission decision on a rolling basis. The number of deferred students who are admitted will depend on the competitiveness of the applicant pool and the number of spaces available.
- You can upload your transcript and statement via your Admissions Profile in MyUI.
- Not Admitted—At this time, you do not meet admission requirements. You may wish to improve your academic profile at another college or university, and then apply to Iowa as a transfer student.
- Wait list—We will make admission decisions for waitlisted applicants on March 15, April 3, and April 17. The number of wait listed applicants offered admission will depend on the competitiveness of the applicant pool and the number of spaces available. In the meantime, we strongly encourage you to seek alternate plans for the fall semester. If you are admitted off of the wait list, you will no longer be eligible for merit-based scholarships, even if they were previously awarded.
If you missed the deadline due to an extenuating circumstance, please contact the Office of Admissions.