The application process for returning students varies depending on how long you have been absent from the university.

International Students should contact the University's International Student and Scholar Services ( for information about immigration status and returning to the U.S.

Returning to the Same Degree Program

Applying to a Different Degree Program

If you wish to re-enroll at the University of Iowa in a different degree program than the one you were previously enrolled in, review the information for current and former students changing colleges. Note: If you have been absent for more than 12 months, you will need to fill out the application for readmission listed above.

Current or Former Students Changing Colleges