The application process for returning students varies depending on how long you have been absent from the university.
International Students should contact the University's International Student and Scholar Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about immigration status and returning to the U.S.
Returning to the Same Degree Program
- If you have been absent less than 12 months, contact your academic adviser about registering for classes.
- You can find your academic adviser in MyUI, or by Contacting the Office of Admissions.
- If you have been absent more than 12 months, you must apply for readmission to the university at least two weeks before classes begin.
- Apply Now for Readmission
- If you were dismissed for unsatisfactory scholarship, Contact Your College's Dean's Office for approval to reinstate. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences students need to arrange a reinstatement interview with College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Programs. Interviews are held between March 1 and July 1 for fall reinstatement and between October 1 and December 1 for spring reinstatement.
Applying to a Different Degree Program
If you wish to re-enroll at the University of Iowa in a different degree program than the one you were previously enrolled in, review the information for current and former students changing colleges. Note: If you have been absent for more than 12 months, you will need to fill out the application for readmission listed above.