If you are an undergraduate first-year student, to complete your admission to the University of Iowa we must receive official academic records directly from your school and proof of graduation. This includes yearly records, mark sheets, transcripts, and/or exam certificates issued by the exam board that were used to make an admission decision.

In addition, you will be required to submit proof of completion of upper secondary school in the form of an original, official school diploma or leaving certificate if a graduation date is not listed on your academic records. Final academic records must be issued after you graduate.

If you are a transfer student we must receive final, official college transcripts from every college you have attended.

We should receive these final, official academic records before you begin at the University of Iowa. Please have your secondary school provide documentation in one of the following ways:

  1. Your school(s) may mail the academic records to the following address:

Admissions Office
University of Iowa
107 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242


  1. Your secondary school may email the academic records to international@uiowa.edu. If your secondary school chooses to email the records, the email address must be a recognizable school email address on your school’s website and the person sending the documents must be a person of authority at your school.

All records should bear the original stamp or seal of the institution and the signature of a school official. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a complete, literal, English translation, certified by the issuing institution. Records cannot be returned or transferred. Academic records will not be returned to you and will not be retained by the Office of Admissions.