Group visits for students in 9th - 12th grade
What You Need to Know Before You Register
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis and are based on our event calendar. We cannot guarantee date availability.
- Reservations should be made at minimum three weeks prior to your anticipated visit date.
- Your date is not confirmed until you receive communication from the Group Visit Coordinator.
- Due to space limitations, groups cannot exceed 60 students.
- Groups must be accompanied by a chaperone. We require one chaperone for every 10 students and the chaperone(s) must remain present with the group at all times throughout the visit. Failure to do so could result in an early conclusion of the visit and limited availability for future visits.
- We are not able to host groups on weekends.
- We do not host groups during academic breaks or finals week. Please see our official academic calendar.
Visit Activities Could Include
(Please note: During summer and certain times of the academic year activity options are limited.)
- Iowa Overview Presentation – Led by an Admission Representative including information on admission, housing, student life, and financial aid. (45 minutes)
- Campus Walking Tour – Led by current student tour guides (75-minute tour)
- Residence Hall Tour – Only offered for students in grades 11-12 (15-minute tour)
- A panel of current UI students – Hear first-hand about what life is like as a Hawkeye. The group must come prepared with questions. Available upon request pending availability.
Register for a Group Visit
- To request a High School Group Visit please contact us at University of Iowa Group Visits. Currently, we are not accepting any additional group visit requests for the summer semester.
The visit options listed on this page are intended for groups of ten or more high school students. If you are a prospective first-year student interested in visiting campus, please check out our Visit Options for First-Year Students or call our office at 319-335-1566.