Summer and Weekend Programs
- Sports Camps—Offering individual instruction in baseball, field hockey, tennis, swimming and more. Most programs require students be at least 10 years old to apply. However, the soccer camp will accept students as young as 5, and the softball camp will accept students as young as 8.
- Hustling Hawkeyes Sport Camps–Offering an opportunity for kids aged 6-13 who want to discover new talents, be active, and have fun while playing a variety of sports. All experience levels welcome.
- Talented and Gifted Student Programs—Our world-renowned center for gifted education offers a variety of programs year-round for students in grades K-12.
- Wildlife Camps—Study prairies, wetlands, woodlands, and birds through the programs offered by the University's recreational services department.
- Iowa Lakeside Lab Nature and Science Camps—Outdoor activities designed to stimulate students’ intellectual, physical and emotional development, and stresses the importance of observation, questioning, and exploring the connections between animals, plants, people and ecosystems.
- Art Share—Arts-related interactive performances, workshops, readings, residencies and master classes.
Pen Pal Project
The Pen Pal Project is an early intervention program in which University students exchange letters with elementary school students at four Iowa grade schools (in Cedar Rapids, West Liberty, Sioux City, and Waterloo).