Summer and Weekend Programs
- Sports Camps—Offering individual instruction in baseball, field hockey, tennis, swimming and more. Most programs require that students be at least 10 years old to apply. However, the soccer camp will accept students as young as 5, and the softball camp will accept students as young as 8.
- Youth Entrepreneurship Camps—Offering entrepreneurship and business courses for students in elementary and middle school (grades 4-9).
- Talented and Gifted Student Programs—Our world-renowned center for gifted education offers a variety of programs year-round for students in grades K-12.
- Wildlife Camps—Study prairies, wetlands, woodlands, and birds through the programs offered by the University's recreational services department.
- Communication Sciences and Disorders—Several intensive summer programs are offered for individuals with specific communication disorders.
- Iowa Lakeside Lab Nature and Science Camps—outdoor activities designed to stimulate students’ intellectual, physical and emotional development, and stresses the importance of observation, questioning, and exploring the connections between animals, plants, people and ecosystems.
- Art Share—arts-related interactive performances, workshops, readings, residencies and master classes.
Pen Pal Project
The Pen Pal Project is an early intervention program in which University students exchange letters with elementary school students at four Iowa grade schools (in Cedar Rapids, West Liberty, Sioux City, and Waterloo).