Several University resources are designed to welcome and support international students at Iowa.
- International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
- International Programs
- Nationality Organizations
- Student Organizations
Areas of Study
Iowa offers more than 200 Areas of Study for undergraduates, including several programs that may be of particular interest to international students.
- African American Studies
- American Studies
- Asian & Slavic Languages & Literatures
- Russian, East European, & Eurasian Studies
- International Studies
- Latin American Studies
- South Asian Studies
- Gender, Women's, & Sexuality Studies
Education and Advocacy
- International Programs—Find a wide variety of University programs with an international focus.
- Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity—This office supports and enhances the University's commitment to recruiting and retaining a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
- Center for Human Rights—The mission of this group is to help in the promotion and protection of human rights in the United States and abroad.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
To supplement the cost of attending the University, start your scholarship search with the UI Office of Student Financial Aid and adding the University of Iowa to your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Additional resources include:
- Scholarships—You can find details about many scholarships on our website, and be sure to check other websites for additional scholarship opportunities.