Our Summer Daily visits are being held in person and are designed to fit your schedule.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus and answering your questions about the University of Iowa. All visitors will need to agree to safety guidelines (listed below), and each student is limited to 2 guests.
Summer Visit Options
Choose the option that best fits your schedule. Space is limited, so register early to secure your spot before making your travel arrangements.
Offered daily in the morning or afternoon
- Iowa Overview session: This session includes information on admission, housing, student life, and financial aid for prospective students and their families.
- Campus walking tour
- Residence Hall tour
- Complimentary lunch in a residence hall Market Place cafeteria. Downtown Iowa City and the Iowa Memorial Union also offer many meal options for you to explore on your own.
Food Pantry Donations: Summer visit events are free, but we would like to encourage you to give back to the community if you are able. Please consider making a donation of a personal hygiene or nonperishable food item for each person who attends. All donations will go to the Food Pantry at the University of Iowa and will help to provide food and basic necessities for University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff in need, and to fight food insecurity through education and advocacy. There will be donation collection stations at check-in for this event.
How to Register
- Register online.
- On the calendar page, select an open date. If a date is not listed as open, all the options for that day have filled, or there may be an invitation-only event scheduled for that day.
- Available options are displayed, select one to continue.
- Fill out the registration form (one for each student).
- A personalized email confirmation will be sent. Please check your inbox, junk, and spam folders.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Campus visits will be limited in size and all visitors will agree to safety guidelines.
If you are not fully vaccinated, you are strongly encouraged to continue wearing a mask and physically distancing on campus. If you are fully vaccinated, you should feel comfortable continuing to wear a mask if you choose. Whether or not to wear a mask is a personal decision and is often unrelated to a person’s vaccination status. Do not harass a student, visitor, or staff member for choosing to wear, or not wear, a mask.
Masks continue to be required in health care settings and where required by state or federal guidelines (e.g., passengers on CAMBUS).
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss accommodations.