Group visits for current college students looking to transfer to the University of Iowa
What You Need to Know Before Your Register
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis and are based on our event calendar. We cannot guarantee date availability.
- Reservations should be made at minimum three weeks prior to your anticipated visit date.
- Your date is not confirmed until you receive communication from the Group Visit Coordinator.
- We are not able to host groups on weekends.
- We do not host groups during academic breaks. Please see our official academic calendar.
- Groups must be accompanied by a chaperone. We require one chaperone for every 10 students and the chaperone(s) must remain present with the group at all times throughout the visit. Failure to do so could result in early conclusion of the visit and limited availability for future visits.
Visit Activities Could Include
- Iowa Overview presentation – Led by an Admission Representative including information on admission, housing, student life and financial aid. (45 minutes)
- Campus Walking Tour – Led by current student tour guides (75 minute tour)
- Residence Hall Tour - Optional (15 minute tour)
- Appointments with academic departments - Learn more about specific academic departments and graduation requirements. Please indicate you are interested in this on your online registration form, the Group Visit Coordinator will then be in touch with more information. (Visit must be requested at least 3 weeks in advance in order to set-up appointments.)
- Lunch - We provide complimentary lunch on-campus for prospective transfer students. (Not available during certain times of the year.)
Register for a Group Visit
To request a Transfer Group Visit please contact us at University of Iowa Group Visits.