We look forward to welcoming you and your family to campus and answering your questions about the University of Iowa.
How to Register
- Register online or call us at 319-335-1566 if the date you're looking for isn't available.
- On the calendar page, select an open date. If a date is not listed as open, all the options for that day have filled, or there may be an invitation-only event scheduled for that day.
- Once you have selected the date, the available sessions and events will be shown for that day.
- Fill out the registration form (one for each student).
- You will receive a personalized confirmation email.
Daily Campus Visit Packaged Activities
Choose the packaged activities that best suit your needs or call to personalize your visit to fit your interests.
Offered in the morning or afternoon, select the best time for you!
- Iowa Overview session: This session includes information on admission, housing, student life, and financial aid for prospective students and their families.
- 90 minute campus walking tour and East side residence hall tour
- Complimentary lunch in our residence hall Market Place cafeterias (during the academic year when classes are in session)
Choose from various optional activities, available on select dates and times. If you don't see an option you are looking for, select a different date or call us at 319-335-1566. Academic group sessions and other individual appointments are not available on Saturdays. Space is limited, and advance notice is required for individual appointment requests.
- Honors Session
Students interested in the University of Iowa Honors Program may choose to attend an informational session offered weekdays at 8:30 a.m. Entering first-year students are eligible for admission to the Honors Program with a 3.8 GPA and 30 ACT (2040 new SAT), or by petition.
- Lunch in a Residence Hall Market Place
We invite you to have a complimentary lunch in one of our food-court-style dining facilities in Burge or Hillcrest residence halls when classes are in session during the fall, spring and summer semesters. Downtown Iowa City and the Iowa Memorial Union also offer many meal options for you to explore on your own.
- Academic Group Sessions & Individual Appointments
- Tippie College of Business – group information session
- College of Education – group information session
- College of Engineering – group information session
- College of Nursing – group information session
- College of Pharmacy – group information session
- Health Sciences – This group session is a general overview of the health related majors at Iowa. (offered on select Mondays and Fridays when classes are in session)
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences - a session or individual appointment in nearly every academic department is available on weekdays from the list of options.
The University of Iowa offers students opportunities to attend group sessions with specific academic colleges/departments while on campus. If interested, please select from on the list of options on the visit registration page.
- Optional Appointments
You may be able to meet with a representative from Admissions, the Center for Diversity & Enrichment, the Office of Student Financial Aid, Student Disability Services, Pomerantz Career Center, or Military & Veteran Student Services. Please indicate your request on the visit registration form in the “Daily Campus Visit Appointment Request” section. Staff in the Admission Visitors Center will confirm your appointment, and contact you if there are questions or if an appointment is not available on the selected date.
Register for a Daily Visit
Register online or call us at 319-335-1566 to discuss how to personalize your visit to campus.
Best Times to Visit
We recommend visiting when classes are in session, even during the summer. Visit activities are limited when classes are not in session, and on Saturday mornings in the fall and spring when the visitors center is open (Registrar's Academic Calendar). If you would prefer to attend a larger event on campus for students considering Iowa, check out our visit options for First-Year students.
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss accommodations.