Admitted high school seniors and their families who are entering the university in Summer or Fall 2018 will have the opportunity for a more in-depth look at the university, our faculty and the academic experience, current students who will be your classmates, and more detailed information about financial aid, housing and the next steps to joining the Hawkeye Family. You and several hundred other visitors will be hosted by university staff and student volunteers who will help guide you through a full day (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) of activities you will select from a list of options.
The activities you will be able to choose from, include:
- A Next Steps presentation and current student forum, including information about housing and dining, accepting admission, financial aid, placement tests, orientation and class registration, On Iowa! and other information to help you in the transition to Iowa.
- Campus walking and/or bus tours
- Academic breakout sessions and tours. You will choose one college or academic department that most fits your interest to spend over an hour with hearing directly from their faculty, advisors and current students. Specific options will be listed when you select a date to register online.
- Complimentary lunch in a residence hall; food-court-style cafeteria
- Honors hosting an Open House and Daum Tour
- Residence hall tours – select residence halls will provide an opportunity to learn more about on-campus community building and housing amenities
- Financial Aid presentations and advisors available to answer your questions about paying for your education at Iowa
- Student Services & Activities Fair – includes Admissions, Academic Advising, Careers, Orientation, Academic Resources, Financial Aid, as well as Student Involvement & Leadership opportunities; current students will also be available to answer your questions.
Admitted Student Days Programs
- Friday, March 23 - registration closed