Important Visit Update: In accordance with recommendations by the State of Iowa and the Iowa Board of Regents to prevent the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the University of Iowa Office of Admissions is suspending all on-campus visits, tours, and information sessions indefinitely. Currently, we are not taking registrations for future on-campus visits.View updates and additional information about Novel Coronavirus and admissions visit events.
Admitted high school seniors and their families who are entering the university in Summer or Fall 2020 will have the opportunity for a more in-depth look at the university, our faculty and the academic experience, current students who will be your classmates, and more detailed information about financial aid, housing and the next steps to joining the Hawkeye Family. You and several hundred other visitors will be hosted by university staff and student volunteers who will help guide you through a full day (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) of activities you will select from a list of options.
The activities you will be able to choose from, include:
- A Next Steps presentation and current student forum, including information about housing and dining, accepting admission, financial aid, placement tests, orientation and class registration, On Iowa! and other information to help you in the transition to Iowa.
- Campus walking and/or bus tours
- Academic breakout sessions and tours. You will choose one college or academic department that most fits your interest to spend over an hour with hearing directly from their faculty, advisors and current students. Specific options will be listed when you select a date to register online.
- Complimentary lunch in a residence hall; food-court-style cafeteria
- Honors is hosting an Open House
- Residence hall tours – select residence halls will provide an opportunity to learn more about on-campus community building and housing amenities
- Financial Aid presentations and advisors available to answer your questions about paying for your education at Iowa
- Student Services & Activities Fair – includes Admissions, Academic Advising, Careers, Orientation, Academic Resources, Financial Aid, as well as Student Involvement & Leadership opportunities; current students will also be available to answer your questions.
Admitted Student Day Programs
- Monday, February 17 - registration closed, event is full
- Friday, February 28 - registration closed, event is full
- Friday, March 6 - registration closed, event is full
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss accommodations.