During Admitted Student Days, university staff and student volunteers will guide you through a full day of activities arranged for you and several hundred other visitors.
Admitted high school seniors and their families who are entering the university in Summer or Fall 2023 will have the opportunity for a more in-depth look at the university, our faculty, the academic experience, and information about financial aid, housing and the next steps to joining the Hawkeye Family.
Activities you can choose from, include:
- A Next Steps presentation and current student panel, including information about housing and dining, accepting admission, financial aid, placement tests, orientation, class registration, On Iowa! and other information to help you in the transition to Iowa.
- Campus walking and/or bus tours
- Academic breakout sessions and tours. You will choose one college or academic department that most fits your interest to spend over an hour with hearing directly from their faculty, advisors and current students. Specific options will be listed when you select a date to register online.
- Complimentary lunch in a residence hall; food-court-style cafeteria
- Residence hall tours, in select locations, will provide an opportunity to learn more about on-campus community building and housing amenities.
- Financial Aid presentations and advisors available to answer questions about paying for your education at Iowa
- Student Services & Activities Fair – includes Admissions, Academic Advising, Careers, Orientation, Academic Resources, Honors at Iowa, Financial Aid, as well as Student Involvement & Leadership opportunities; current students will also be available to answer your questions.
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Information about our COVID-19 policies can be found here.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss accommodations.