Important Visit Update: In accordance with recommendations by the State of Iowa and the Iowa Board of Regents to prevent the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the University of Iowa Office of Admissions is suspending all on-campus visits, tours, and information sessions indefinitely. Currently, we are not taking registrations for future on-campus visits. View updates and additional information about Novel Coronavirus and admissions visit events.
Call us to arrange a Transfer Daily Visit designed to fit your schedule and focus on your individual interests.
Activities Might Include:
- Meeting with an admission counselor
- 90 minute campus walking tour and East side residence hall tour
Bilingual tours are offered in Spanish, Portuguese, and Mandarin. Please contact the Admissions office at 319-335-1566 for available tour options.
- Complimentary lunch in our residence hall Market Place cafeterias (during the academic year when classes are in session)
- Downtown Iowa City and the Iowa Memorial Union also offer many meal options; ask our staff for a list of possibilities
- Meeting with a faculty member or staff adviser in your academic area of interest or in selected student service offices, such as:
- Student Financial Aid
- University of Iowa Honors Program
- Center for Diversity & Enrichment
- Student Disability Services
- Pomerantz Career Center
- To learn more about specific academic programs at Iowa, or to inquire about group information sessions or individual appointments, see our areas of study list.
Call to Arrange Your Visit
To schedule a transfer visit call us at 319-335-1566 at least two weeks in advance to schedule your visit. Reservations are required and space is limited.
If you would prefer to attend one of our special events on campus for transfer students, check out our Transfer Days.
Best Times to Visit
We recommend visiting when classes are in session, even during the summer. Visit activities are limited when classes are not in session (Registrar's Academic Calendar)
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 (email: email@example.com) to discuss accommodations.