The Tippie College of Business offers the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with majors in accounting, business analytics and information systems, economics, finance, management, and marketing, and it collaborate with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to offer an undergraduate major in economics for Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science students.
Specific majors, notably accounting, may have different requirements for admission. As such, prospective students with questions regarding a particular business major should contact the University of Iowa Office of Admissions at 319-335-1566.
Here are some online resources to help you transfer into one of Iowa's business degree programs:
In general, prospective business students should complete the following steps:
- Complete Tippie College of Business General Education Requirements. Transfer students with an AA degree from an Iowa or Illinois community college will enter the university having fulfilled all of the General Education Program requirements (except World Language and Diversity and Inclusion) in the Tippie College of Business.
- Complete four semesters of the same world language (fourth-level proficiency) or two semesters of two different world languages (second-level proficiency) as needed for Iowa's General Education Program. This requirement may be fulfilled by the appropriate high school work. Please contact the Office of Admissions with questions on the World Language requirement.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a minimum 2.75 GPA:
- MATH:1350 - Quantitative Reasoning for Business (NOTE: We also will accept any course that currently fulfills MATH:1380 - Calculus and Matrix Algebra for Business.)
- STAT:1030 - Statistics for Business
- ECON:1100 - Principles of Microeconomics
- BAIS:1500 - Business Computing Essentials
- RHET:1030 - Rhetoric
- Complete the following core courses, which may be completed before or after admission to the Tippie College of Business:
- ACCT:2100 - Intro to Financial Accounting
- ACCT:2200 - Intro to Managerial Accounting
- ECON:1200 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- MGMT:2000 - Introduction to Law
- MGMT:2100 - Introduction to Management
- Apply to the University of Iowa by the appropriate deadline, indicating business as the major. Summer course work may not be used for a fall decision.
- Present a minimum 2.75 prerequisite GPA, cumulative GPA, and UI GPA.
Students who plan to complete their AA degree at an Iowa community college should consider the 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan. Use the 2 Plus 2 website and the Online Equivalency Guide to determine appropriate transfer course equivalencies.
The following resources may provide additional aid for students transferring into one of Iowa's business degree programs:
- 2 Plus 2 Guaranteed Graduation Plan for Iowa community college students
- I-Chart Planning Resource for Iowa community college students