It is highly recommended that applicants to the College of Engineering have:
- One year of high school physics
- One year of high school chemistry
- Grades of A or B in all math and science courses.
Please note: Students who are not admitted directly into the College of Engineering will be considered for admission to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with a designation of "Engineering (Interest)" and may apply to the College of Engineering after completing prerequisite coursework.
First-year students who meet the engineering admission requirements are admitted directly to the College of Engineering. Students can choose whichever engineering major interests them and can switch majors easily if their interests change.
In order to be admitted, you must:
- Meet the Regent Admission Index (RAI) score requirement of 265 or higher.
- Present a cumulative high school GPA of 3.33 or higher.
- Meet the high school course requirements.
If you are a homeschooled applicant, we will base our admission decision on your GPA, ACT and/or SAT scores, and courses taken.
Early Action Priority for Fall Semester
Summer Session or Fall Semester