The University of Iowa Tippie College of Business offers a nationally ranked business degree and unique, hands-on opportunities to set you apart. Tippie students choose from six majors in addition to learning fundamental business principles from the college's core curriculum.
Transfer Admission to Business Programs
Transfer students who meet the prerequisite courses and grade-point averages listed below are eligible to apply for admission directly to the Tippie College of Business (the accounting major has additional admission requirements).
- 24 semester hours of college credit (from UI or transfer credit).
- No instances of academic misconduct.
- A GPA of at least 2.75 prerequisite, UI, and cumulative (accounting requires a 3.0 UI and cumulative GPA).
- Passing grades in the following prerequisites or equivalents:
- ECON:1100 Principles of Microeconomics
- STAT:1030 Statistics for Business
- RHET:1030 Rhetoric
- MSCI:1500 Business Computing Essentials
- MATH:1350 Quantitative Reasoning for Business (Note: We will also accept any course that currently fulfills MATH:1380.)
When you are admitted, a Degree Audit will become part of your Admissions Profile in MyUI. The audit:
- specifies which General Education Requirements and requirements for your major you still need to fulfill,
- indicates which prerequisite courses need to be fulfilled, and
- monitors other degree requirements including semester hours, GPA, residency requirement, and college-specific regulations.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
The Office of Admissions evaluates General Education Program requirements, as well as a number of courses applicable to the requirements of your major. Your major department makes decisions about how the rest of your transfer courses apply toward the requirements for your major.
- Review our Transfer Policies to find out about calculating your transfer GPA, Iowa's course-repeat policy, and other Iowa transfer policies.
- Search the Transfer Equivalency Guide for commonly transferred courses offered at other Iowa institutions and our major out-of-state transfer colleges. The system is designed for prospective students who want to know how courses will transfer to Iowa and for UI students who plan to take courses at other institutions in the summer or at other times.
- The College of Business has developed Community College Transfer Guides for students planning to transfer from select community colleges.