A Great College Town
- Vibrant. The Iowa City area is beautiful, pedestrian-friendly, and laced with miles of scenic bike trails. The Iowa River is a focal point of the campus and the community.
- Cultured. Find great restaurants, eclectic book stores, and abundant venues for dance, theatre, and music. For more details about where to go when you get to town, visit the Iowa City/Coralville Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
- Accessible. We're within a five-hour drive of Chicago, Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City, and St. Louis, and Making Travel Arrangements is a breeze.
- Fun. Annual activities near campus include the Friday Night Concert Series and Blues Festival downtown. There's also an annual sandcastle contest, multiple arts fests, several film festivals, and outdoor movie screenings throughout the summer.
Nationally Ranked Community
Many University of Iowa students fall in love with Iowa City and some never leave, choosing to establish their careers and families here. Iowa City also ranks high in published reports:
- One of the Top Three College Towns in America, according to the American Institute for Economic Research's College Destination Index (2015-16) for cities with greater than 15,000 college students.
- #4 among the "Brainiest" cities in America, according to a 2013 analysis published in The Atlantic.
- World's third City of Literature, as designated by UNESCO in 2008.
- #4 Smartest City on Lumosity’s Smartest Cities in America for 2013
- A Top Literary City in the U.S., according to Highbrow Magazine, April 2014
- Iowa City ranked in Top 25 Cities for Jobs, "Q4 2013 Career Trends Report," Beyond.com, February 2014
- The Best City for College Graduates, according to American Institute for Economic Research, May 2015
- Voted #3 Top Place to Live in America, by Outsideonline.com, August 2015
Things to Do While You Are Here
Enjoy great dining, theatre, art, museums, athletic events, and live performances.
Ready to Visit?
Schedule your visit to our Iowa City campus today!