Groups of less than 10 students, individual students and families should register for a regular campus visit.
All visit dates for Spring 2018 are FULL.
Please check back later for summer and fall availability.
What You Need to Know Before You Register
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis and are based on our event calendar. We cannot guarantee date availability.
- Your date is not confirmed until you receive communication from the Special Group Visit Coordinator.
- We are not able to host groups on weekends. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
- We do not host groups during academic breaks. Please see our official academic calendar.
- Due to space limitations, groups cannot exceed 75 students.
- Groups must be accompanied by a chaperone. We require one chaperone for every 10 students and the chaperone(s) must remain present with the group at all times throughout the visit. Failure to do so could result in early conclusion of the visit and limited availability for future visits.
Visit Activities Could Include
- An Iowa Overview presentation – Led by an Admission Representative including information on admission, housing, student life and financial aid. This presentation is different for middle school aged students.
- Diversity at Iowa and/or TRiO Support Services presentation – Including information about the programs, offices, and services provided for students from communities underrepresented in higher education.
- Campus Walking Tour – Led by current student tour guides (60 minute tour.)
- Residence hall tour – Only offered for students in grades 10-12 (15 minute tour.)
- Panel of current UI students – hear first-hand about what life is like as a Hawkeye. The group must come prepared with questions. (Limited availability)
Activities available only for Transfer Special Group Visits
- Academic Department Appointments (available only for Transfer Special Group Visits) – Learn more about specific academic departments
Please contact the Office of Admissions if you would like recommendations or more information about dining options.
(Please note: During summer and certain times of the academic year activity options are limited.)
Register for a Special Group Visit
All high school and middle school group visit days have filled for the spring. Please check back later for summer and fall availability.
Making Travel Arrangements
These resources can help you Plan Your Trip to Iowa City.
Please note that due to construction in Iowa City expect 15-30 minute delays during peak hours as well as occasional closures. When you are planning your trip to campus please plan ahead and allow enough time.
Parking On Campus
- You will receive an itinerary before your visit. Please refer to that itinerary for the address of your drop-off and pick-up locations.
- If you are traveling in a vehicle (i.e. car, van, suburban,) we will validate your parking for the day. Please review our visitors parking guide for parking locations.
- If your group is traveling by school/charter bus, we will direct the bus driver to park in the Coral Ridge Mall parking lot during the visit. (1451 Coral Ridge Ave, Coralville, Iowa 52241)
If You Need Special Assistance
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you or any of your guests are a person with a disability who requires special assistance during a campus visit, contact the Admission Visitors Center at 319-335-1566 to discuss accommodations.