How do my credits transfer?
Visit the equivalency guide to determine how college courses taken in high school transfer to the University of Iowa. To see the most comprehensive list of transfer courses enter the following information.
- Transfer College: the college you will be getting credit from
- UI College: The University of Iowa college that is home to your future major (i.e. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
- Leave the remaining fields blank.
Focus on general education courses rather than major courses or electives.
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences General Education Courses
- College of Education General Education Courses
- College of Engineering General Education Courses
- Tippie College of Business General Education Courses
- College of Nursing BSN General Education Courses
- College of Medicine General Education Courses
- College of Pharmacy General Education Courses
- College of Public Health General Education Courses
All grades received in college credit classes taken in high school transfer to become part of your UI GPA
Advance Placement (AP), CLEP and other Testing Credit
The University of Iowa accepts up to 30 hours of credit in some academic areas through the Advanced Placement Program (AP), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), the International Baccalaureate Program (IB), and the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). See minimum scores accepted.
These transfer guides provide important advice on what to take prior to transferring including prerequisites, general education requirements, and competitive admission majors. They were developed so that students can more easily plan for the future, take appropriate courses, transfer at the right time, and get connected earlier with appropriate faculty and staff.
If you have any questions about transferring credits to the University of Iowa, please contact us.