Our Admission Requirements for First-Year Students vary depending on the student's area of study. See all of our Areas of Study for the admission requirements associated with each undergraduate degree program. See our Admission Policy for Minors.
- Submit an application
- Pay the $40 application fee
- The fee is not refundable.
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to us by the testing agency
- Our institution code is 1356 for the ACT; 6681 for the SAT.
Deadlines vary depending on when you plan to enroll. Deadlines also vary for students applying to Nursing.
- May 1—for Summer Session or Fall Semester
- November 15—for Spring Semester
After you Apply
When we receive your application, we will send you a Hawk ID and password to track the status of your application through Your Admissions Profile in MyUI.
- We make Admission Decisions on a rolling basis beginning early fall.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon after October 1 as possible, even if you are not sure you will qualify for aid.
Accepting our Offer of Admission
Pay our $250 acceptance fee as soon as possible; no later than May 1 for Summer Session and Fall Semester
(November 15 for Spring Semester).
- The acceptance fee must be paid before you can make Orientation reservations through your Admissions Profile in MyUI.
- The acceptance fee is refundable prior to May 1 for summer and fall applicants (prior to November 15 for spring applicants).
- See our Gap Year Policy for domestic applicants wanting to delay first-year admission for one year
Your next steps will include applying for on-campus housing, applying for financial aid, and making a reservation to attend orientation, where you will register for classes.