Our Admission Requirements for First-Year Students vary depending on the student's area of study. See all of our Areas of Study for the admission requirements associated with each undergraduate degree program.Apply Now
- Submit an application
- Pay the $40 application fee
- The fee is not refundable.
- Have your ACT or SAT scores sent to us by the testing agency
- Our institution code is 1356 for the ACT; 6681 for the SAT.
Deadlines vary depending on when you plan to enroll. Deadlines also vary for students applying to Nursing.
- May 1—for Summer Session or Fall Semester
- December 5—for Spring Semester
After you Apply
When we receive your application, we will send you a Hawk ID and password to track the status of your application through Your Admissions Profile in MyUI.
- We make Admission Decision on a rolling basis beginning August 17.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon after January 1 as possible, even if you are not sure you will qualify for aid.
Accepting our Offer of Admission
Pay our $250 acceptance fee as soon as possible; no later than May 1 for Summer Session and Fall Semester
(November 15 for Spring Semester).
- The acceptance fee must be paid before you can make Orientation reservations through your Admissions Profile in MyUI.
- The acceptance fee is refundable prior to May 1 for summer and fall applicants (prior to November 15 for spring applicants).
Your next steps will include applying for on-campus housing, applying for financial aid, and making a reservation to attend orientation, where you will register for classes.