With more than 30,000 students, the University of Iowa delivers the energy and opportunity of a leading university, but remains one of the smallest and most affordable universities among its peer institutions.
- Profile of First-Year Students at Iowa, Fall 2018
Meet the Class of 2020 based on the most-popular majors, average GPAs, and ACT/SAT scores.
- Four-year Graduation Plan
Work closely with Iowa advisers to get into the right courses, saving you time and money.
- Iowa City—A Great College Town
We're one of the top five college towns in America, according to at least one ranking!
- After Graduation
Iowa graduates report high rates of job placement and satisfaction with their Iowa experience.
Applying for Admission
- First-Year Admission Requirements
Admission is based on a combination of your test scores, high school grades, and course work.
- First-Year Application Process
The application process may vary depending on your area of study.
- Areas of Study
Choose from more than 200 areas of study, or apply as an open major.
- Connect on Facebook
Meet other future Iowa students on the Facebook page for Future Hawkeyes!
Housing & Student Life
- Residence Halls & Living-Learning Communities
More than 90 percent of students live on campus their first year.
- Student Organizations & Clubs
Choose from more than 500 student groups and organizations.
- University of Iowa Honors Program
Honors students enjoy unique academic and social opportunities.
- Resources for Diverse Students
Resources for underrepresented students, veterans, students with disabilities, and first-generation college students.
Costs, Scholarships, & Financial Aid
- Estimated Costs of Attendance
Iowa's tuition is among the lowest in the Big Ten.
We offer several scholarships based on academic merit and/or financial need.
After you apply, you are that much closer to becoming a Hawkeye!
- Check Your Application Status
We'll send you a HawkID and password to check the status of your application online.
- Important Dates for New First-Year Students
A checklist to help guide you from the time you apply to the time you arrive on campus.
- Information for Admitted First-Year Students
You're in! Now what? Here's what.